THE INFLUENCE OF THE APPLICATION OF THE MATHEMATIC LEARNING TECHNIQUE BASED ON THE DAVID TALL’S THREE WORLDS MATHEMATICS THEORY ON THE ALGEBRAIC THINKING SKILLS OF STUDENTS (Experimental Study at Seventh Class of SMP Syarif Hidayatullah Cirebon)

Iis Sugiarti, (2013) THE INFLUENCE OF THE APPLICATION OF THE MATHEMATIC LEARNING TECHNIQUE BASED ON THE DAVID TALL’S THREE WORLDS MATHEMATICS THEORY ON THE ALGEBRAIC THINKING SKILLS OF STUDENTS (Experimental Study at Seventh Class of SMP Syarif Hidayatullah Cirebon). Bachelor thesis, IAIN Syekh Nurjati Cirebon.

[img]
Preview
Text
IIS SUGIARTI_59450987_tidak bisa di watermark-min.pdf

Download (3MB) | Preview

Abstract

Iis Sugiarti THE INFLUENCE OF THE APPLICATION OF THE MATHEMATIC LEARNING TECHNIQUE BASED ON THE DAVID TALL’S THREE WORLDS MATHEMATICS THEORY ON THE ALGEBRAIC THINKING SKILLS OF STUDENTS. Algebraic thinking is not single thought, but it is multiple forms of thought and of understanding symbolism. More than that, this skill should be mastered earlier through which students can learn to think productively with good mathematical ideas. Based on observation conducted in Junior High School Syarif Hidayatullah, the majority of students find difficulties in learning algebra. Algebra is considered to be a new subject that is viewed to be too abstract. As an impact, students find difficult to understand mathematical problems in the form of algebra. The research aims to review: (1) how effective the application of the mathematical learning technique based on the David Tall’s Three Worlds Mathematics Theory is (2) how the students’ ability to think algebraically is, and (3) the influence of the application of the mathematic learning technique based on the David Tall’s Three Worlds Mathematics Theory on the algebraic thinking skills of students. The application of the mathematic learning technique based on the David Tall’s Three Worlds Mathematics Theory is an effective and suitable learning technique to improve the algebraic thinking skills of students. This theory, invites students to learn mathematics from the embodied world, symbolic world up to the axioms world. Algebraic thinking is a generalization of arithmetic, learning about variety of procedures in solving certain problems, learning about relationships and learning about the structure. The research uses a quantitative approach by using one group pre-test post-test design. The population in this research is all of the students Junior High School Syarif Hidayatullah and the sampling technique used is cluster random sampling with class VII A as an experiment class. The variables in this research are the application of the mathematic learning technique based on the David Tall’s Three Worlds Mathematics Theory and the algebraic thinking skills of students. The collecting data techniques are using test and scale. The results of the research show that: (1) 56.25% of students (18 students) gave a very positive response and the rest (14 students) or 43.75% gave a positive response; (2) the mean of gain value of the algebraic thinking skills of students is 0.4606 due to which it is considered into medium category (3) there is a positive influence significantly of the application of the mathematic learning technique based on the David Tall’s Three Worlds Mathematics Theory on the algebraic thinking skills of students with regression equation = -1.118 + 0.02

Item Type: Thesis (Bachelor)
Subjects: Pendidikan > Pendidikan (Umum)
Depositing User: tuti alawiyah alawiyah
Date Deposited: 07 Apr 2017 04:43
Last Modified: 07 Jun 2017 06:55
URI: http://repository.syekhnurjati.ac.id/id/eprint/1805

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item