THE EFFECTIVENESS OF USING DIRECTED READING ACTIVITY TO INCREASE STUDENTS’ VOCABULARY ABILITY AT THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS OF SMA NEGERI 1 LOSARI BREBES

MOHAMMAD ULIN NUHA, (2015) THE EFFECTIVENESS OF USING DIRECTED READING ACTIVITY TO INCREASE STUDENTS’ VOCABULARY ABILITY AT THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS OF SMA NEGERI 1 LOSARI BREBES. Bachelor thesis, IAIN Syekh Nurjati Cirebon.

[img]
Preview
Other
MOHAMMAD ULIN NUHA - 14111310155 (wm blm).PDF

Download (4MB) | Preview

Abstract

Mohammad Ulin Nuha. 14111310155. The Effectiveness of Using Directed Reading Activity to Increase Student’s Vocabulary Ability at the Second Year Students of SMA Negeri 1 Losari Brebes. This study was designed to increase the students’ vocabulary mastery by using DRA Technique with the aims (1) to find out the students achievement before using Directed Reading Activity in vocabulary ability, (2) to find out the students achievement after using Directed reading Activity in vocabulary ability, (3) to find out there is a positive and effectiveness of using of Directed Reading Activity to increase vocabulary ability at the second year students of SMA Negeri 1 Losari. Vocabulary is the basic that must be learnt first by learners in study language. As stated by Tarigan (1986:p.2) state that the quality of language skill depends on the quantity and quality of vocabulary, there are many problem to increase vocabulary and the solution is using Directed Reading Activity Supardi (2010) in his thesis states that apply DRA Technique because this technique is not only very beneficial to increase the students’ vocabulary mastery but also to raise the students’ motivation in memorizing and increasing new vocabulary. So DRA technique can increase and give motivation student to memorizing the new vocabulary. This research method is quantitative, that used pre-experimental design; the population of this research are all the students in second year grade of SMA Negeri 1 Losari, the sample of the research are students in XI IPS 1 that consist of 29 students. The techniques of collecting data are observation and test. The result findings shows that the achievement of students’ before and after using Directed Reading Activity method to increase vocabulary ability has increase after using the method, it since the mean of pretest is 42.75 and posttest is 60.51 so, it mean the students has good achievement after using directed reading activity in process and learning and the Directed Reading Activity Method is positive and effctiveness to students’ vocabulary ability with the result of T-test it shows t is 9.686 and t table is 2.048, it means t count > t table it mean that the effectiveness of Directed Reading Activity is positive and effectiveness on students’ vocabulary ability, and then the value of DC is 36.2404 (0.362 it shows in Software SPSS) it sign 36.2% and the rest 63.8% is effectiveness by other factors that uncounted in this research perhaps, students’ absence, teacher’s factor, students’ learning style, condition of class etc. from calculation by d’cohen formula got 1.7, it mean the effect of the application of the method gives large effect to students’ reading skill. Based on the data analysis, It means that Directed Reading Activity can be used as one of the alternatives to teach vocabulary. Key words: Directed Reading Activity, Vocabulary Ability.

Item Type: Thesis (Bachelor)
Subjects: Pendidikan > Pendidikan (Umum) > Model Pembelajaran
Divisions: Fakultas Ilmu Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > 3. Tadris Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: rosyidah rosyidah rosyidah
Date Deposited: 12 May 2017 03:23
Last Modified: 12 May 2017 03:23
URI: http://repository.syekhnurjati.ac.id/id/eprint/2894

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item